Whether you are in a committed relationship or married, having a dream about your partner cheating on you will trigger an array of emotions, although so would a dream about you two-timing on your mate. Should these dreams be taken literally? Read the following three dream meanings to help you decide.
Fear of Being Cheated On
If you had a past relationship where your partner was unfaithful to you this might have triggered your dream. Unresolved issues from prior partnerships could cause suspicion, difficulty trusting, or looking for evidence of infidelity in your present love life. Your dream or dreams are pointing out to you to resolve and heal past events. Here are five tips to assist you:
- Journal your thoughts and feelings, don’t be afraid to release your feelings of rage, tears, or whatever emotion you need to let go of.
- Start the process of forgiving your ex.
- Look within to discover the truth if you are truly ready to be in this current relationship.
- Observe your mate’s behavior. Are they flirty, working late, staying out all night, or hiding whose texting or calling them? Or is your partner attentive, affectionate, or reliable?
- You may need to resolve childhood issues with a counselor or coach.
Dissatisfaction with Your Relationship
When you have been faithful, yet dreaming of having an affair with someone else, the dream is alerting you of not being satisfied with your love partner. You could be bored, feeling neglected, or angry with your mate. This dream is pointing out that changes in your relationship need to occur. Take action by:
- Ask yourself if you still love your other half.
- Write a list of the pros and cons of your relationship to determine whether you should leave or stay.
- Be accountable for what you’re doing in the relationship, instead of focusing on his/her actions. (I know that’s not easy to do.)
- Think about what the two of you used to during the courtship stage in order to bring the spark back into the relationship.
- Focus on what brings your partner joy; however, you should be comfortable with it. Please stop if it makes you feel degraded.
Sadly, there are times your dream of being cheated has already occurred or a precognitive dream that this could happen in the future. Before jumping to conclusion and accusing your significant other, I would suggest using the tip that was suggested earlier in the blog by observing their behavior. You can also:
- Mention the dream you had, while paying attention to their reaction.
- Listen to the still voice within in regards to your mate being faithful.
- Act, don’t react. What that means is before confronting your partner, scream, journal, punch a punching bag or whatever to release the majority of your emotions. This will stop you from imprisonment or being the star of a viral video on the internet!
- Ask yourself if this relationship is worth saving.
- Begin the healing process, whether the relationship continues or dissolves.
Hopefully, this blog solved the meaning of your cheating dream. If you need further assistance with your dream interpretation, visit the dream interpretation services page. For help with relationships, please visit spiritual growth coaching.